2. In fact, the first time you saw a sign like this, you were seriously confused:
4. You spent most of your childhood fantasizing about becoming head lifeguard…
Rob Gage / Via gettyimages.com
…and the rest was spent fantasizing ABOUT the head lifeguard.
Martin Barraud / Via gettyimages.com
5. Even though you hate the cold, you welcomed winter, because you were finally free of tourists.
6. But you couldn’t wait for your visiting crush to come back every summer. Hubba hubba!
7. You had “Don’t hassle me, I’m a local” bumper stickers plastered on everything you owned.
9. You never had to ask your parents for a ride because you rode your bike everywhere.
10. You knew about all the alternate places to hang out when the summer crowds swarmed…
Coto Elizondo / Via gettyimages.com
11. …and you never had to wait in any lines, because you had friends working at all the hotspots. VIP Y’ALL!
Matthew Micah Wright / Via gettyimages.com
12. You’ve woken up with the smell of bonfire hair more times than you can count.
15. You have fully accepted that there will always be some amount of sand in your bedsheets.
16. You had to be careful with your secrets, because gossip spread like wildfire in town.
Tetra Images - Jamie Grill / Via gettyimages.com
17. No matter how badly you want to get out, you know your tiny, beachy town could never leave your heart.
Rolf_52 / shutterstock.com