1. Za’atar (a Middle Eastern spice blend)
Tip: Dip pita bread in olive oil then za’atar and be transported to spice heaven. (Oh, by the way, there’s a spice heaven.)
3. Sea urchin
One of the most scrumptious seafood delicacies in the world — you’ll overlook its outward appearance after just one bite.
4. Spanish lime
Neither Spanish nor a lime (it tastes more like a lychee), the Spanish lime is pretty much the biggest impostor of the food world.
5. Banana ketchup (a popular condiment in the Philippines)
If you’re not keeping your taste buds guessing, you’re doing something wrong.
6. Black ivory coffee
One of the most delicious (and expensive) coffees in the world comes from elephant feces, so don’t get too snooty about it, ok?
7. Durian (an exotic fruit with a smooth almond taste and a uniquely pungent odor)
It was once compared to eating raspberry cake in the bathroom, so… pretty much the most confusing taste ever.
8. Yangmei (also called the “Yumberry”)
It’s sweet and tart and it’s called the yumberry. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?!
10. Jabuticaba (from the Brazilian grape tree)
It’s as delicious as it sounds, folks — whether you’re sucking out its sweet flesh or using it to make exotic juices and jellies.
11. Pitaya (the fruit of a cactus, otherwise known as Dragonfruit)
It’s so pretty! …OK, but eat it already.