1. You get to go on Base.
Also, can you say “commissary?”
2. You never need to set an alarm.
The bugle call is coming. There is no escape!
3. You understand the 24-hour clock.
Which means you can, actually, tell time when you leave the states.
4. You know a little bit of a lot of languages.
Or, a whole lot of one or two.
5. And you can claim whichever hometown you want.
Because, let’s face it: The “where are you from?” question is a headache.
6. You can conveniently lose touch with annoying friends.
The secret perk to being relocated.
8. You’re a pro at road trips.
You know at least one family in every state, so you always have a place to crash.
9. You’ve basically traveled more than anyone else your age.
It’s no big deal.
10. You’ve lived in some amazing places.
Plus a few… interesting ones.