1. Bridget meets Mark… and his hideous sweater.
“He turned around, revealing that what had seemed from the back like a harmless navy sweater was actually a V-neck diamond-patterned in shades of yellow and blue—as favored by the more elderly of the nation’s sports reporters.
3. Bridget is dressed for the occasion at the “Tarts and Vicars” Party
“I could feel someone’s eyes on me and looked up to see Mark Darcy staring fixedly at the bunny tail. Beside him was the tall thin glamorous top family-law barrister clad in a demure lilac dress and coat like Jackie O., with sunglasses on her head.”
4. Bridget flaunts her literary prowess as Mark finally asks her to dinner (at his mother’s behest).
“I don’t want to be asked out to dinner just because your mum wants you to. Anyway, what would we talk about? You’d just ask me if I’ve read any good books lately and then I’d have to make up some pathetic lie and —”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders faced off for the first time since the Bern's big win in New Hampshire. Here's the recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.