2. Attach streamers, feathers, tinsel, and any other long stringy sparkly things to them.
5. Freeze water ballons and use them to keep drinks cold at a party.
Your new party trick. When the water melts, just throw them back into the freezer.
6. Make your guests do a little work if they want to find out where the party is.
7. Make a drumset.
Thankfully, this one doesn’t make any noise.
8. Create a balloon drop.
Basically a small-scale version of…
12. Give someone the gift of bubblegum.
Your valentine will think you are impossibly clever. Directions here.
15. Put LED light bulbs in them.
Just make sure the bulbs aren’t breakable in case one of them comes crashing down due to a popped balloon.
16. Create a table centerpiece with plants and flowers.
18. Give the kids a super durable bouncy ball to play with.
Get the directions on how to make this using balloons here.
19. Make a giant strawberry party decoration.
All you need is green construction paper and a sharpie.
20. Instead of piñatas, hang water balloons.
23. Brighten up those mason jars.
They look deceptively paint-dipped!
24. Use them as molds for twine ball lights.
Get the DIY here.
25. Turn your favorite little one into a walking apple tree.
26. Use a balloon as a mold for a votive holder made from a doily.
All you need is a balloon, a doily, and sugar starch.
27. Hang them from the rafters with macramè.
Get the directions here.
28. Run a threaded needle through the tied end of the balloon to string them together.
29. Wrap them in cellophane and put them on sticks to make giant lollipops for a candy-themed party.
31. Freeze an LED tea light into a water balloon to create a winter “fire and ice” lantern.
Add food coloring if you want them to be colored.
32. Make a water balloon to end all water balloons.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›