2. The only thing that mattered was MUSIC.
Not normal teenager stuff, but that one band whose t-shirt you wanted to wear every day to proclaim your undying love for them.
3. You spent hours and hours (and hours) in your room chained to headphones.
4. The moment you met someone who had remotely the same taste as you, you immediately wanted to be their best friend.
6. You remember the first time you saw a band you loved in concert and realized, “I could do that!”
8. Then your first five songs all sounded the same ‘cause you only knew four chords.
But you didn’t care because you were MAKING MUSIC.
9. You were kinda tired of only doing covers, anyway.
10. You imagined yourself on stage with really cool gear, but in reality you had to start with a Strat Pack.
11. Maybe you didn’t quite have enough friends to fill out a whole band.
Who needs a real drummer, though, right?
12. Even though the basement or garage you rehearsed in was like a damp sock, band practice was the highlight of your week.
13. Coming up with a band name was REALLY hard.
Everything started to sound like a band name, but nothing sounded like a USABLE band name.
14. You learned early that it’s just about impossible to write lyrics that don’t look incredibly stupid on the page.
15. You wanted to get cool shows, but mostly you played talent shows/open mics.
17. If your parents hated your band, you knew you were on the right track.
19. You got kind of ahead of yourself, making t-shirts and stickers before you had any fans.
20. And you wore your own band’s t-shirt onstage before someone told you it was lame to do that.
21. Choosing which gimmick to employ for your official band press photo was hard.
23. The first time someone you didn’t know personally acknowledged/liked your band, you freaked.
24. Playing music made you feel like you finally had some kind of direction in life.
25. And even if you might not have reached the heights of fame you dreamed about…
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.