1. Squishable cups made from edible Jell-O
They’re made from agar agar, which can be thrown into the grass when finished as a nurturing agent for plantlife. Your next backyard BBQ just got way easier to clean up after.
2. A towel dryer that not only dries your towels, but disinfects them with UV light.
Nothing worse than stepping out of the shower and burying your face in gross mildew smell.
Designed by puredesign.
3. Shoes that easily transform into a mobile shelter.
For the camping enthusiast.
By design collective Sibling.
4. A water sterilizer for your fresh foods.
It uses electrolysis to eliminate harmful bacteria in everything from fruits, veggies, kitchen appliances as well as baby bottles and chew toys — all without chemical detergents.
5. A memory foam chair, otherwise known as the “Never Leaving My Goddamned House” chair.
It’s called the Bounce Chair by Véronique Baer.
6. A transparent hole punch.
So you can see where the hole is. It’s the little things in life.
Designed by Kisang Yoon and Kyubok Lee.
7. A monster toybox that “eats” toys.
It helps kids learn to pick up their toys AND it rolls so they can ride on it to pick up the toys.
Designed by Tzung-Yu Lu.
8. A chair that consists of “pages.”
Inspired by books, it allows the user to adjust the seat height and backrest cushioning simply by turning its colorful padded “pages.”
9. A chalkboard trolling gadget that converts chalk dust to new sticks of chalk.
Designed by Yonggu Do and Eunha Seo.
10. An insanely simple design for a coffee cup that catches all the drips.
Designed by Kim Keun Ae, this cup has a ridge that keeps your coffee from dripping onto your surface.
11. A toothbrush that doubles as a dog toy.
It’s called the Brush n’ Play, by Yunfan Tan, and it solves the one issue that comes with owning a dog: brushing their teeth.
12. A boot solution for short people.
They’re going to start wearing these at raves.
Get more info on Quirky.
13. Bath stones that keep your bath water warm.
Designed by Sunmi Hwang, Hyunjoo-Lee & Jiwon-Seok.
14. A hamper/washer/dryer all in one.
Come home to my tiny apartment, please.
Designed by Guopeng Liang.
15. For teachers: a date stapler.
This is a total paper organization WIN.
Designed by Gonglue Jiang.
17. A highlighter that fades in six months.
So you can resell those textbooks!
18. The Safe Trek app, which alerts police to your location if you’re in an unsafe situation.
Turn on the app if you feel unsafe and hold your finger on the screen. Once you’ve arrived at a safe location, enter your code. If your finger leaves the screen without entering the code, law enforcement is notified and your location is traced through the phone.
Designed by Frederico Cardoso.
19. This extension cord, which is flat and sticky like tape so no one will trip over it.
It also lies flat underneath rugs.
Designed by Chen Ju Wei.
20. The ultimate floor-plan light switch for lazy people with big houses.
It lights up and tells you where the lights have been left on, and with the press of a button, you’re able to shut them off remotely.
Designed by Taewon Hwang.
21. Instead of using ink, this printer TANS the paper using solar energy.
Design by Hosung Jung, Junsang Kim, Seungin Lee & Yonggu Do.
22. Roomba 2.0: “jell” balls that disperse and do the cleaning for you.
What’s cool is that they even work on wet surfaces.
Designed by Juan Lee.
23. Easily transportable electromagnetic dumbbells that can adjust weight automatically.
You can adjust the weight of the dumbbells by adjusting the level of electric power so that one set can range from 3kg to 24kg.
Designed by Suhyun Yoo, Hongseok Kim and Juhyeon Lee.
24. A levitating sofa that uses a giant magnet to simulate sitting on a cloud.
The ultimate breakthrough in napping.
Designed by David Koo and Zheng Yawei.
25. A circular shower that rinses you off from every angle.
You’ll never suffer from extraneous armpit soap again.
Designed by Idiha Design.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.