1. Gemma Arterton wore an optical illusion.
Isn’t it amazing the things you can do with nude mesh?
2. Saoirse Ronan brought back the appliqué.
3. Helen Mirren had pastel pink hair.
She looks very post-grunge.
4. Someone wore an Andy Warhol dress.
This is Edith Bowman and she’s a Scottish radio DJ, which means she’s allowed to wear anything she wants and no one is allowed to judge her.
5. Alice Eve wore black flames.
If Hot Topic made evening wear…
6. Marion Cotillard shredded.
She always looks amazing, and this was no exception.
7. Elizabeth Olsen shredded, literally.
The results were not amazing. Americans: -1 :(
8. Jennifer Lawrence looked like a confetti cupcake.
And Quentin Tarantino wanted to eat her.
9. Zawe Ashton is the new Kristen Stewart.
Doesn’t this look like something she would totally wear??
10. Paloma Faith had a slinky on her head.
Is she trying to out-retro Lana Del Rey?
11. Sarah Jessica Parker looked like Catwoman.
The BAFTAs seem less formal than the other awards shows, so people can wear chic outfits like this one without seeming underdressed.