2. Use broom holders to store your flashlights in a convenient place.
4. Install hooks on the sides of your shelves.
The perfect space-saving place to hang towels, dishrags, and pot holders.
5. Use velcro to keep your remotes in place.
A great idea for cell phones, too.
6. Hang organizers off the back of the front car seats.
$14.95 from Go Westy.
7. Use hideaway hooks for hanging up outerwear.
They don’t take up any space when not in use.
8. Make a “quick drop zone” for keys and sunglasses.
9. Mount cleaning supplies and other long items to the ceiling with brackets.
10. Hang coiled hoses from nylon velcro straps.
They’ll dry more readily.
11. Use suction cups to hang small items like kitchen utensils, sunglasses, or keys.
14. Hang a shelf system above your kitchen.
Find out how to make this here.
15. If you prefer not to hang baskets, get an over the sink rack.
Get it from Amazon.
16. Use a pegboard for your cooking utensils.
A pegboard makes the most of wall space in the tiniest of kitchens.
19. Save cupboard space with nesting bowls and measuring spoons.
This set costs $50.
20. Take advantage of vertical space by placing dishes in a dish cradle.
These are $9.99 from Amazon.
21. Use wall-mounted magnet strips for knives and scissors.
Also note: the metal tray-turned-magnetic spice rack.
23. Build a fold out spice rack.
You might want to save this for your next remodel. Read more about it here.
25. A bedside caddy serves as a makeshift nightstand.
Get one from Amazon.
30. Use these compartmentalized hanging containers from Ikea for toiletries.
31. A flat toilet paper holder makes a space-saving towel rack.
Buy one for $6.49 here.
35. Make a towel caddy that you can hang off the shower curtain rod.
37. Get a desk lamp that has a power outlet in the base.
It’ll create an extra easy-to-reach outlet. Get it here.
39. Add a tension rod to the underside of a table for a paper roll.
A great Ikea hack for artistically prolific kids.
40. Add slide out drawers to an RV table.
Great for storing games and art supplies. These are $18.99 each from Camping World.
41. And if you were planning a remodel, slide out surfaces in general can be huge space savers:
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. It's unclear how many people were inside the helicopter or what their conditions are.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?