3. Store Foil, Saran Wrap, and Wax Paper Rolls Inside of a Magazine Rack
5. Hang Pots and Pans on the Ceiling
Pictured: a salvaged sled.
6. Attach Magnetic Spice Racks to the Side of Your Fridge
7. Utilize Wall Space to Hang Utensils
You could also use these pull-out baskets to group things together, like fruits.
11. Attach Undershelves in a Cabinet to Take Advantage of Vertical Space
14. Label Your Hangers
A good idea if you have multiple items of similar-looking clothing.
17. Hang Belts and Ties on a Sliding Rack
Amazon sells a chrome one for $9.99.
Or make a sweet little display with a sturdy ribbon and a headscarf.
20. Use Command Hooks to Hang Jewelry on the Inside of a Closet Door
Command hooks are sticky adhesive hooks that require no screws or nails.
21. Store Shoes with One Facing Forwards and the Other Facing Backwards
You’ll use less space this way. This works most efficiently when the forward toe is the right shoe and the backward toe, the left.
22. Cut Up a Pool Noodle and Place in Boots to Keep Them Upright
Keep your boots from falling over in your closet and taking up valuable floor space.
24. Attach Tweezers to the Inside of a Bathroom Cabinet with a Magnet
26. Store Your Hair Appliances with PVC Pipe Attached to the Inside of a Cabinet
Or you could use a paper towel holder if you’re paranoid about glass falling and breaking.
29. Put All Your Makeup into One Magnetic Palette
Palette is $29 from Unii.
30. Put a Shelf Over Your Bathroom Door for the Stuff You Don’t Need Regular Access To
Cleaning supplies, extra towels, bulk items, etc.
31. Hang Baskets on Rails to Store Towels and Shower Supplies
32. DIY Magnetic Makeup Board
Get the directions here.
33. Make a Pressing Surface to Replace Your Ironing Board
No more unruly ironing board! Get the instructions here.
35. Put Washer and Dryer on a Shelf
Take advantage of vertical storage by using the space BELOW the washer and dryer. You could also install drawers.
36. Hang a Ladder from the Ceiling for Air Drying Clothes
Get the full directions here.
38. Hang a Pegboard with Movable Hooks to Organize Kids’ Sports Gear
39. Separate Nails, Screws, Batteries and Other Small Items in Jars
Nail the lids to a bottom of a shelf and screw the jars in.
These tips also work for art supplies, toys, or tools.
41. Coffee Canisters to Store Yarn
This crafter cemented the cans together, and then reinforced them by taping strips of cardboard to the back. The structure is then nailed to the wall.
42. Use the IKEA Grundtal System to Organize Crafts
This IKEA series is normally reserved for kitchenware, but it looks modern and can store ribbons and jars for art supplies as well.
44. Choose an Ottoman with Storage
You can keep extra game controllers, remote controllers, and other random things in here.
45. Put Unsightly DVDs in Boxes
A DVD is 8”x6” so choose a box with the right dimensions.
49. Mark and Label Everything!
Use chalkboard paint labels to mark reusable containers.
50. Cut Up Shoe Holders and Attach to the Inside of Cabinets for Extra Organization
Not the most attractive solution, but it’s out of plain view. And you can label them with a sharpie or stickers.
Reuse paint cans, tins, Mason jars, and plastic containers to store small things. There are so many creative ways to repurpose them. Shown: paint cans covered in fabric.
Paint yogurt containers and use as office supply holders. You can also follow this tutorial on how to remove the print on plastic containers.
We've got your WKND covered.
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)