2. Craft Paper Cards and Envelopes
Get the tutorial here.
3. Pop-Up Christmas Tree Cards
Get the instructions and free printable here.
5. The Hole-Punch Wreath Card
If you have a couple sizes of hole punchers, you can easily make this graphic wreath card from colored paper.
6. The 3-D Poinsettia Card
This card is made from construction paper and rhinestones.
7. The Metallic Snowflake Stamp Card
This motif requires some rubber snowflake stamps and a metallic stamp pad or metallic paint.
9. Fingerpaint Christmas Cards by the Kids
A fun art project for the little ones.
11. Glitter and Bark Holiday Card
The pattern comes from a printable you can find here.
14. Felt and Fabric Christmas Cards
Use pinking shears and any fabric scraps.
15. A Gingerbread House–Decorating Party Invitation
Directions are here.
17. The Paper Loop Card
This isn’t a card you want to mail, however — the loops will get crushed. You could always use ribbon instead.
18. A Simple Wreath Holiday Card
Be sure to include the string so it can be reused as an ornament or gift tag.
19. Colorful Button Cards
There’s no DIY for this, but you creative types should be able to figure it out on your own.
20. The Glittery Reindeer Card
Stencil a design on paper and fill with glitter. Use extra-hold hairspray to seal glitter.
21. Super-Simple Stitched Cards
You could also use these as gift tags.
22. The Pixel Pop-Up Card
Kind of the coolest card ever. Instructions are here.
25. The Stamped Handkerchief Christmas Card
Get the directions here.
26. The Embroidered Christmas Card
Even a super-simple design can look totally adorable using this technique.
27. The Clever Reindeer Pop-Up Card
This one takes a little skill.
28. The 3-D Geometric Christmas Card
Use the free printable to create this Christmas card.
30. A Simple Geometric Stamped Card
Use yarn wrapped around a wooden block to achieve this design. Green, red, or metallic ink will turn a simple pattern into a Christmas motif.
33. A Christmas Card Idea for the Kids
The shape is made by tracing your hand.
34. The Fabric Pen Christmas Card
The design shown here is for a book cover, but you could easily adapt it to fancy cardstock for a Christmas card.
35. Photobooth Strip in a Box
Include a photobooth-strip photo of your family and some candies in each package.
36. The Ruffled Christmas Card
The scalloped effect was achieved by using a Martha Stewart hole punch.
37. Rickrack Christmas Cards
These cards use that wavy trim you can find at most craft stores.
38. The Simple Moose Christmas Card
All you need is a template and some pretty paper or fabric.
40. The Hand-Drawn Card
42. Gold-Edged Envelopes
Follow this tutorial to make these tastefully edged envelopes.
43. DIY Christmas Stamps
Requires some tools, but you could ostensibly keep these around forever. Get the tutorial here.
47. The Paint-Chip Christmas Card
Cut shapes out of paint chips and glue onto card stock.
Here’s the video tutorial.
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›