1. Make an Oil Lamp
Fill two-thirds of the jar with lamp oil and secure the lid. Place a cotton wick in the jar and let it sit for about one hour before lighting so the oil soaks up into the wick. Nail a hole into the lid and pull the wick about a quarter inch out of the hole.
2. Match Holder
Take the top out of the lid and replace with sandpaper.
Another awesome string lights idea. Click here for the tutorial.
5. Wall-Hung Bathroom Storage
Metal picture hangers and pipe clamps attached to a piece of wood will hold your mason jars. Click here for more info.
7. Children’s Craft Storage
Glue plastic animals to the lids and paint.
8. Yarn Dispensers
Drill a hole into the top of a mason jar for cute, colorful yarn storage.
10. Pizza in a Jar
Is this not the most amazing idea? You can add the ingredients/toppings to the jar and save it to bake whenever. You can bake the jars as long as you submerge them in a deep baking dish that is filled with water. For full instructions, click here.
11. Magnetic Spice Rack Using Mini Mason Jars
This is an awesome idea if you’ve got stainless steel going on in your kitchen. Fill jars with spices, label them, and glue magnets to the lids.
12. Button Storage
Nail lids into the bottom of a wooden shelf. Fill the jars up and screw the jar back onto the lid when you’re done. This would also be great for storing pasta in a kitchen.
13. Painted Vases
Fill with acrylic paint, and then let the paint drain out. Click here for the detailed tutorial.
You can also spray paint the insides for candy-colored vases. Click here for the full tutorial.
15. Candle Holders
Fill a jar with pebbles or sand to keep the candle in place.
16. Cupcake in a Jar
Attach a spoon with ribbon for the perfect gift. Click here for instructions.
17. Make a Terrarium
Click here for more directions and details on how to make a terrarium.
18. Store Salads for a Picnic or Quick Lunch
Click here for this quinoa salad recipe.
19. Label with a Hot Glue Gun
Inscibe your label with a hot glue gun, let it dry, and then proceed to paint the outside of the mason jar.
22. Make a Soap Dispenser
Use a pump from any soap dispenser and drill a hole into the lid. Click here for further directions.
23. Replace a Busted Blender Jar
Many detachable blade assemblies screw right onto a mayo jar or a small-mouth Mason jar.
27. Single-Serving Pie in a Jar
Go here for a full-fledged tutorial.
29. Update a Wall Sconce
Even if your mason jar doesn’t fit exactly, many light fixtures use screws to tighten the fit of the shade.
30. Add a Salt Spout for Easy Pouring Capabilities
You just need to take the top off of a Morton salt container. Here’s the full tutorial.
31. Add a Cuppow to Turn Your Jar into a Travel Mug
These are available for $7.99 here.
32. Glue Jars Together to Create an Office Supply Organizer
Turn the jars onto their sides and hot-glue them together.
35. Use a Stencil and Chalkboard Paint to Customize Mason Jars
Or simply paint the lids with chalkboard paint for easy labeling or organization.
36. Make a Table Lamp
You’ll also need a light kit, which you can buy from any hardware store. Click here for more information.
37. Serve Oysters on Ice in Mini Mason Jars
OMG, the baby Tabasco bottle…
39. Make an Air Freshener
Poke holes in the lid and fill with baking soda and essential oils.
40. Make Overnight, No-Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal
Mix together old-fashioned rolled oats, greek yogurt, milk, chia seeds, and any kind of sweetener or fruit that you want. Shake it up and keep it in the fridge — it’ll stay good for up to two days.
41. Make an Ice Cream Kit
“Sugar, vanilla powder, and creamer packets are sealed inside a plastic bag and packed into the canning jar along with some rock salt. When the ice cream mood strikes, you combine the ice cream ingredients in their bag, add some ice to the rock salt, and shake vigorously.”
- Iran's parliament approved a nuclear deal with six other world powers, including the U.S. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›
- There were three stabbings in Jerusalem on Monday, part of a monthlong wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians. ›