3. 1910 - The Tucked-In Ribbon
It’s a simple detail anyone could DIY.
4. 1910 - Peter Pan Collar (for Guys!)
These shirts should come affectionately dirty, just like those scruffy L.E.S. hipsters.
5. 1905 - The Swimdress
Yes, this is meant to function as a bathing suit. You could totally take this from the beach to a casual afternoon BBQ.
7. Early 1900s - Romantic Elaine Benes Hair
Big in the front, long in the back.
10. 1900 (From Russia) - The Ribbon Trail Hat
Girls with high foreheads would look awesome in this updated, more structured version of the beret.
12. 1890s - Fringed Romper
Here’s a typical outfit worn by an erotic dancer from the 1890s. Guess they had cameltoe even back then!
13. 1890s Version of an American Apparel Outfit
Striped high-waisted bloomer shorts and athletic knee socks? If only Terry Richardson could travel back in time to photograph this girl and do her some real justice.
14. 1890s - Giant Floppy Neck Bow
File this under “I’d Wear That.”
15. 1890s - S&M Outfits for Children
Taylor Momsen’s children will all be wearing these.
16. 1890s - The Male Onesie
Is this the most adorable beach fashion ever or what??
19. 1860s - Plaid Maxi Dress
They really knew how to do grunge in the 1860s.
20. 1870s - Taffeta Harem Pants
This could also be something that Kim Kardashian wears when she dresses up as Jasmine for Halloween.
21. 1860s - The Caged Skirt
Underwear as outerwear.
22. 1850s - Arm Bow Bracelets
The Victorian version of arm candy.
23. 1850s - Painstakingly Cut-Out Designs
This is actually a boy’s dress from 1855.
24. 1840s - The Choker
She’s like, the 1840s version of Janeane Garofalo circa Reality Bites.
25. 1840s - The Bonnet
Music festival attendees will be wearing these next year, just you wait and see!
26. 1830s - The “Lover’s Eye” Brooch
Ooh, mysterious. These were watercolor paintings set in brooches.
27. 1830s - Hidden Message Rings
All wedding bands should come with hidden messages.
28. 1820s - The Crotchless Jumpsuit
This is actually an undergarment meant to be worn under a dress. But I like to imagine that women walked around the house in these, like the Victorian version of Juicy sweatpants.
30. 1820s Russia - Cutesy Embroidered Bodices
Was there an 1820s version of Etsy no one knew about??
31. 1820s - The Updated Turban
The turban is going to just get crazier and crazier. First we had the simple scarf turbans, then we had the exotic Jambi turbans and next… I predict the Exploding Shower Cap Turban.
“Ho hum… just another boring day in my house dress and slutty gloves…”
34. 1810 - Sheer Embroidered Babydoll Dresses
I think Katy Perry might have actually worn this to Coachella.
35. 1810 - The Pocket Watch
Wristwatches are going to seem so passé. You could wear this as a pendant too.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›