3. Bookshelves to Frame the Bed
The connecting shelf is a great place to put lights.
6. DIY Wooden Pallet Bed
There are so many examples of these!
This bed console, originally from CB2, is sold out, but doesn’t seem too difficult to make yourself.
11. Curtain Rods Attached to the Ceiling to Form a Canopy Bed
13. A Platform Bed with Hairpin Legs
15. IKEA Hack Media Storage Bed
This is a bed with a large media drawer created by IKEA Lack shelves.
16. Modular Pieces that Form an L-Shaped Couch or a Double Bed
This is a DIY project created using two foam mattresses that can be reconfigured to be a couch or a bed.
17. Bench at the Foot of the Bed with Storage Underneath or Inside
19. Dresser as Bed Platform
20. Bed in a Drawer
This requires some serious remodeling, but it’s a pretty sweet alternative to a loft bed or murphy bed.
21. Headboard with Shelf Space For Narrow Rooms
If you don’t have space for nightstands on either side of the bed, a shelf headboard to put lamps and books on is probably a smart idea.
22. Cushion Hung as a Headboard
A good cheap solution, especially if you want to conserve space.
23. Upholstered Box Springs
This eliminates the need for a bedskirt.
26. Trundle Bed for Sleeping or Storage
Get the directions for this trundle bed here.