1. Batanes is a tiny group of islands located at the northern tip of the Philippines
2. It is separated into three groups of islands: Batan, Sabtang and Itbayat
The capital of Batanes, Basco is located in Batan. Dequey and Vohas Island are part of Sabtang, and the rest of the northern islands are part of Itbayat.
3. The place is known for its picturesque landscapes.
5. These limestones were used by early settlers for their homes.
7. The Ivatan people traditionally wear a headgear called the “Vakul”, made from a plant called Voyavoy (Philippine Date Palm), to protect their heads from rain.
8. There is one volcano on the islands. Mount Iraya on the Island of Batan.
10. Basically, it’s paradise.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›