1. This giant composite portrait of Suman Bansal is made of 6,575 pictures – her dad, Munish, has taken one every day of her life.
Munish, 41, from Gillingham, decided to undertake the project while his wife, Rita, was pregnant. He says: “Initially it was a hard challenge, but it has become like a routine. Naturally, it is a big commitment.”
The giant portrait was made for her 18th birthday last week.
But there were times when the project almost came unstuck. “There were a couple of occasions I can remember it almost didn’t happen,” he says. “Once my wife thought I had taken the photos and while I was at work they went to stay at their aunt’s home for a night. I had to go to her house to take the photos, but luckily they don’t live far.
“There was another occasion when I nearly missed them, because I was busy with my work and the children went to sleep, but it suddenly clicked: I had to wake up the children.”
Does Suman mind being photographed every day? “Being photographed every day just feels like any normal day as I have grown up with it my whole life,” she says.
“At times it can become irritating as I don’t always feel my best especially when I am running late. I do not have a favourite picture because all are special. I cannot compare.”
2. Munish has pictures from when Suman was still in the womb …
3. … To when she was born, on 16 May, 1996, and beyond.
5. The pictures follow her first steps and growth into a toddler.
7. And into a small child.
9. And a slightly older child …
11. And then the young woman she is today.
Suman is doing her A-levels at the moment and is hoping to go to university in September, with ambitions to become a paediatric nurse. She says the photos will have to stop when she leaves home.
13. Watch all 6,500 photos of Suman growing up here:
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.