1. Update: 4.41pm - Bananaman publisher DC Thompson has been in touch to say this will be a live action film.
In which case, we will now have the answer to a question which maybe no one had contemplated until now: what would a real-life Bananaman look like?
We can only hope that the film explores Bananaman’s gritty origin story much in the same way Christopher Nolan rebooted the Batman series, but this seems unlikely.
2. Remember Bananaman, the 80s comic book hero and TV cartoon star? He’s going to be in his own feature film next year.
3. This is not a drill. A teaser site went live earlier today at Bananamanmovie.com, complete with mysterious hashtag.
The film is being made by Elstree Studio Productions.
A spokesman told me today there is no official announcement on cast or release date yet, but he says there is a script, which is “fantastic”, and the film is definitely happening. The plan is to bring the Bananaman story up to date and the company says it’s already been overwhelmed by the response to the teaser site.
DC Thompson - publisher of the Beano comic where Bananaman first appeared - is co-producing.
4. If you watched kids’ TV in the 80s and 90s you may well know that at 29 Acacia Road lived Eric, “a schoolboy who lived an amazing double life”.
5. “But when Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs.”
7. Genius scientist Stephen Hawking was pictured on a stag do with some chaps dressed as Bananaman. We can only speculate that these events are related.
- Cyber Monday 2015 was the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers spent more than $3 billion 💳📲 ›