1. If you were in any doubt as to the conduct of a perfect English gentlemen, don’t panic: Country Life is here to set you on the path to righteousness.
2. And it’s bad news for all you Malibu-drinking, ever-tweeting, lycra-wearing, Biro-writing gladioli planters.
3. The magazine’s ten commandments are very useful. Especially this gentlemanly lovemaking advice.
4. The magazine has further nuggets of gentlemanly wisdom, including that it’s OK to get drunk and still be a gent.
Getting steaming drunk is fine - the key is doing it in an appropriate setting. After one too many malt whiskies at his club, a gentleman might sink quietly deeper into the sofa.
And, were he to find himself at a raucous do, he wouldn’t dream of putting a dampener on proceedings by asking for orange juice.
But he shudders at the thought of inconveniencing his friends by having to be poured into a taxi at the end of a night.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›