1. If you were in any doubt as to the conduct of a perfect English gentlemen, don’t panic: Country Life is here to set you on the path to righteousness.
2. And it’s bad news for all you Malibu-drinking, ever-tweeting, lycra-wearing, Biro-writing gladioli planters.
3. The magazine’s ten commandments are very useful. Especially this gentlemanly lovemaking advice.
4. The magazine has further nuggets of gentlemanly wisdom, including that it’s OK to get drunk and still be a gent.
Getting steaming drunk is fine - the key is doing it in an appropriate setting. After one too many malt whiskies at his club, a gentleman might sink quietly deeper into the sofa.
And, were he to find himself at a raucous do, he wouldn’t dream of putting a dampener on proceedings by asking for orange juice.
But he shudders at the thought of inconveniencing his friends by having to be poured into a taxi at the end of a night.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›