1. What’s the most remarkable thing about the video for Erasure’s 1994 single Run to the Sun? IT’S GOT JASON STATHAM IN IT. And he’s painted silver.
The Stath appeared in a few music videos in the 1990s, after his professional diving career didn’t quite take off, as well as modelling for French Connection, one of the ways he was spotted as a potential film star.
2. Yes really! He makes lots of very serious faces, does some artistic hand movements and at various points dives around a bit.
3. This is not how we’re used to seeing the Transporter star.
The video features Statham and another dancer in front of the TV Tower in Berlin, as Erasure singer Andy Bell mimes to what is, frankly, not the greatest Erasure track.
4. Statham also appeared in the video for The Shamen’s Comin’ On Strong.
If you’ve got a body like that, you might as well prance around in your underwear.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›