1. What’s the most remarkable thing about the video for Erasure’s 1994 single Run to the Sun? IT’S GOT JASON STATHAM IN IT. And he’s painted silver.
The Stath appeared in a few music videos in the 1990s, after his professional diving career didn’t quite take off, as well as modelling for French Connection, one of the ways he was spotted as a potential film star.
2. Yes really! He makes lots of very serious faces, does some artistic hand movements and at various points dives around a bit.
3. This is not how we’re used to seeing the Transporter star.
The video features Statham and another dancer in front of the TV Tower in Berlin, as Erasure singer Andy Bell mimes to what is, frankly, not the greatest Erasure track.
4. Statham also appeared in the video for The Shamen’s Comin’ On Strong.
If you’ve got a body like that, you might as well prance around in your underwear.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›