1. Blackpool. The Lancashire town that for more than a century has hosted holidaymakers from across the country.
2. But in recent years it’s become one of the country’s premier stag and hen do destinations.
3. Every weekend, bands of men and women celebrate someone’s last night of freedom. Fancy dress is non-negotiable.
5. There are even divorcee parties these days.
6. Inflatable penies are a hen do mainstay.
7. As are “horny devil” horns.
8. You can still see the occasional naked man strapped to a lamp-post.
9. Young and old both take part in the fun.
11. There has been a steep rise in mankinis in last decade.
13. Some people see fit to recreate a scene from Dirty Dancing.
14. L plates are a must.
16. Why not try a Roman theme if you’re looking for something a bit different.
An exhibition of Dougie Wallace’s work, Stags, Hens and Bunnies – A Blackpool Story is being shown from July 25 to August 3 at Hoxton Gallery, 9 Kingsland Road, London.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›