1. This dynamic duo, who called the police by accident while discussing their thievery.
4. This guy, who just won’t give up despite ALWAYS getting caught.
5. Or this shop thief who similarly didn’t expect the chair treatment.
7. These 19 criminals who unknowingly handed themselves in because they wanted some free beer.
Undercover officers at Derbyshire police sent letters to dozens of people who had evaded arrest asking them to ring a marketing company to collect a free crate of beer. A total of 19 suspects fell for the hoax and called the number on the letter, which put them through to police officers based at Chesterfield Police Station.
They were told that they needed to arrange a date and time for the free alcohol to be dropped off at an agreed address. But instead of being handed free ale the wanted men found themselves confronted by police, handcuffed and under arrest.
11. This chap who is having a bit of trouble with his criminal ski mask.
13. This hapless burglar who was described as “pathetic” by his own lawyer.
A bungling burglar was caught red-handed trying to loot a house when police were already inside interviewing a victim of another crime.
Darren Kimpton, whose counsel described his offending as ‘clumsy’ and ‘pathetic’, had planned to steal items and sell them to buy Christmas gifts for his elderly parents.