2. In fact, anything involving a drill.
Even if he wasn’t always taking it very seriously.
3. Fixing any kind of car-related problem.
There was a time when men would crease up with laughter at the thought of taking a car to a garage, and would instead fix whatever the problem was them themselves. Now we take cars to garages to fix the fluffy dice.
4. Skimming stones so they bounce more than twice on the water.
“It’s all in the wrist, son.”
6. Fixing toilets.
Where do dads learn this stuff?
7. Inhabiting a shed / garage and filling it with “dad stuff”.
9. Shouting at the TV.
12. Haggling in shops.
It never ceases to amaze me how often this works.
13. Telling dad jokes.
14. Complaining in restaurants.
“Just leave it.”
“No, we’re paying good money.”
15. Doing accounting properly, like an adult. Because your paperwork still looks like this.
16. Navigating to any part of the world using a map (without using a satnav).
20. Decorating, including all wallpaper-related activity, which for some reason is harder than it looks.
21. Gardening. You think: “Oh those flowers look nice.” He thinks: “I’ll just do some pruning.”
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›