2. In fact, anything involving a drill.
Even if he wasn’t always taking it very seriously.
3. Fixing any kind of car-related problem.
There was a time when men would crease up with laughter at the thought of taking a car to a garage, and would instead fix whatever the problem was them themselves. Now we take cars to garages to fix the fluffy dice.
4. Skimming stones so they bounce more than twice on the water.
“It’s all in the wrist, son.”
6. Fixing toilets.
Where do dads learn this stuff?
7. Inhabiting a shed / garage and filling it with “dad stuff”.
9. Shouting at the TV.
12. Haggling in shops.
It never ceases to amaze me how often this works.
13. Telling dad jokes.
14. Complaining in restaurants.
“Just leave it.”
“No, we’re paying good money.”
15. Doing accounting properly, like an adult. Because your paperwork still looks like this.
16. Navigating to any part of the world using a map (without using a satnav).
20. Decorating, including all wallpaper-related activity, which for some reason is harder than it looks.
21. Gardening. You think: “Oh those flowers look nice.” He thinks: “I’ll just do some pruning.”
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›