2. In fact, anything involving a drill.
Even if he wasn’t always taking it very seriously.
3. Fixing any kind of car-related problem.
There was a time when men would crease up with laughter at the thought of taking a car to a garage, and would instead fix whatever the problem was them themselves. Now we take cars to garages to fix the fluffy dice.
4. Skimming stones so they bounce more than twice on the water.
“It’s all in the wrist, son.”
6. Fixing toilets.
Where do dads learn this stuff?
7. Inhabiting a shed / garage and filling it with “dad stuff”.
9. Shouting at the TV.
12. Haggling in shops.
It never ceases to amaze me how often this works.
13. Telling dad jokes.
14. Complaining in restaurants.
“Just leave it.”
“No, we’re paying good money.”
15. Doing accounting properly, like an adult. Because your paperwork still looks like this.
16. Navigating to any part of the world using a map (without using a satnav).
20. Decorating, including all wallpaper-related activity, which for some reason is harder than it looks.
21. Gardening. You think: “Oh those flowers look nice.” He thinks: “I’ll just do some pruning.”
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.