2. The raven, obviously in pain, perched on a fence screeching for help. Here’s what happened next:
A wild raven perched himself on our fence and squawked for over an hour. I went to see what was up with him and saw that he had four porcupine quills stuck in him, three in the side of his face and one in his wing. This video shows my Mom taking out the ones in his face. Very bizarre he let us get that close and even more bizzare he let my Mom pull the quills out. He hung around for the day and was gone the next. Best of luck Wilfred (yeah, I named him) lol
Once the quills were out, Gertie Cleary told CTV she carried the bird to her daughter’s house, where she fed it dog food and water. The next day, it flew back into the wild. Hope Swinimer, the founder and director of Hope for Wildlife, said that if Cleary hadn’t intervened, the animal probably wouldn’t have survived.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️