Gosh, I’m so sick of this picture.
Aren’t you sick of this picture? Maria Kang’s claim to fame, the picture that launched 100,000 opinion pieces, love it or hate it, you’ve probably seen it. And if you’re not fitspiration, should you even care? Well, aside from the overarching themes it plays in mainstream culture, it’s also prompting some awesome responses. Turns out, a lot of people don’t need an excuse.
2. People who wear their babies everywhere (or just somewhere, sometimes)
5. People who volunteer
6. People who love the beach and their bathing suits
7. People who are okay with not being fitspiration thin
12. People looking to change the way the world thinks
15. People who choose their health over their fitness
So, really, none of us need excuses, at all, do we? Life is beautiful, and diverse, and even if all those really old guys can deadlift a bluewhale, and the most adorable child on earth runs that race with no legs, you still don’t have to be fit to be happy. And even if you love fitspiration and it motivates you to be a better you, sometimes loving yourself means taking a break, and sometimes it means pushing yourself past the limit. And that’s up to you to decide.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›