1. This cherry and plum tart measures 1,066 feet long:
That’s the length of about 3.5 football fields. And of course, this was baked in France.
2. This tower of bread is 25 feet tall:
French architect Jean Bocabeille and chef Gilles Stassart combined forces in July of 2010 to build “La tour sans faim,” which translates to “tower without hunger.” It was made with almonds and sponge cake, and teetered dangerously.
3. 19,800 pounds of flour and 8,800 pounds of tomato sauce were needed to make this margherita pizza:
In December of 2012, five Italian chefs got together and baked the largest pizza in the world. In addition to using the aforementioned ingredients, they used 19,800 pounds of mozzarella, 1,500 pounds of margarine, 550 pounds of rock salt, 420 pounds of vegetable oil, and 50 pounds of balsamic vinegar. There was also so much dough involved that the chefs had to bake it in 5,234 separate batches.
4. This taco is 164 feet long:
Your 3 a.m. taco it is not.
5. This big doughnut is comprised of 90,000 little doughnuts:
In December of 2007, it took nine hours, 40 people, and 1,000 pounds of doughnuts to build this swimming pool you can eat your way in and out of.
6. This dumpling weighs 786 pounds:
And it’s made out of whole wheat! And look how PUFFY it is! Don’t you want to know what it’s filled with?!?!? 945 small dumplings.
7. This pagota is made of 18,888 Chinese buns to celebrate the Chinese New Year:
They all look so spongy and warm. I wonder if being inside it feels like you’re inside a radiator.
8. This cheesecake weighs two tons:
In 2009, this cake was eight feet in diameter and 55 centimeters tall. And you know one ton is 2,000 pounds, right? ONE.
9. But this ice cream cake takes… um… the cake… because it weighs eight tons:
In January of 2006, this cake was 15.7 feet long, 9.8 feet wide, and 3.3 feet high. And literally weighed 16,000 pounds.
10. And don’t even think about cutting into this cheese:
In September of 2006, this cheese made in the Netherlands weighed 1,322 pounds. If those guys ate any of it, you can bet they paid for it in one way or another.