1. The customer, Marty Lawrence, threw the first fish pun.
3. Marty describes himself as a ‘proud punslinger’ in his Twitter bio, so another pun was only to be expected.
4. But who knew that Sainsbury’s would take to fish punning like a fish to, well, you know?
5. Or that the puns would keep coming?
6. And coming.
7. This isn’t the first brand/customer pun summit to hit Twitter, and some people assumed it was a PR stunt. Marty denies it, but we’ve yet to hear from ‘David’.
8. Presumably because he’s busy learning that porpoises aren’t actually fish.
9. The whole exchange reads like a modern-day version of Brief Encounter.
10. If Brief Encounter was reimagined as a burgeoning fish pun-based internet consumer bromance.
Starring Ethan Hawke as Marty, and Julie Delpy as all of Sainsbury’s 500+ UK stores.
11. So well done, Marty and ‘David’.
13. Can it with the fish puns now, though, yeah?
Can it like tuna.
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›