1. First of all she wears this hat and thinks it’s über-chic. It isn’t.
2. And she dated this guy who turned out to be a crook.
As the Vanity Fair profile sums it the 30 something “Raffaello Follieri has been jailed on fraud and money-laundering charges.” And Hathaway left him 10 days before things got bad.
3. She was a pretty bad Oscar host.
The Academy members don’t want to be reminded of the 2011 ceremony, which Anne Hathaway and James Franco jointly ruined.
4. She may star in Oscar-nominated movies now but nobody forgot this.
Hey Anne, that princess title was for the role. You are not a princess. Never have been one!
6. She lacks chemistry with male leads, that’s why her breakthrough roles are opposite female casts.
She first made a name for herself opposite Julie Andrews in Princess Diaries. Then she starred in The Devil Wears Prada. She was actually quite sweet there but stood no chance against Meryl Streep.
7. And she actually wore a Prada.
But she couldn’t pull it off. It was as if the Devil played her, and she became the running joke during Oscar’s red carpets with her visible nipples. She had picked that dress two hours before the ceremony, and later apologized to Valentino for not going with that fashion house.
8. She also starred in Brokeback Mountain but nobody remembers that.
Who needs her in a gay romance movie that is actually about gay romance?
9. Then there’s this ugly haircut.
Even Mia Farrow’s Vidal Sassoon groomed head in Rosemary’s Baby was less appalling.
11. Her horrible Oscar speech was the tipping point.
Was it because she was fake? Did she hesitate for a moment when Christopher Plummer called her Miss? How many times did she write the speech in her head? Did she really deserve it? She probably felt pretty bad when everyone loved Daniel Day Lewis and spoke about how humble he was at the awards.