2. You had the most difficult name on the attendance sheet.
3. While everyone vacationed in the Bahamas, you vacationed in the homeland.
5. Your pronunciation of certain words was (and might still be) a little off.
6. Your after-school activities definitely stood out on your résumé.
7. Your parents let you fill out your own school documents because it was just faster that way.
8. You could get endless help with your math and science homework.
But help with your English homework was limited to a…
9. Anyone in your culture who made an “impact” in America was a household staple.
11. Heritage theme days were a little less extravagant for you than for your peers.
facebook.com / Via http://Morgan%20Hammel
17. You didn’t learn the same nursery rhymes as your classmates.
18. You grew up reading these books.
Instead of these books.
19. Your weekends were spent at Hebrew/Chinese/whatever school.
21. Your parents were dishonored when you tried to Americanize your name.
22. You were jealous of the neighbor’s Christmas decorations.
26. Your response to “OMG say something in ______!” is…
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".