1. In 1996, Amanda Bynes gained popularity with her “Ask Ashley” segment of the Nickelodeon show All That.
She was awesome.
2. She was seen in All That as both a guest and regular cast member until 2002.
4. Popular sketches included “Blockblister,”
This family of foreigners operated an off-brand video store parody of Blockbuster. Hilarity ensued.
7. After appearances on other TV series like Arli$$, The Nightmare Room, and The Drew Carey Show, Bynes’ first big movie break was Big Fat Liar in 2002.
8. She dabbled in cartoon voice work as well.
Bynes was the voice of Taffy, the kids’ babysitter in the TV series Rugrats.
9. Moving largely into big screen productions, Bynes took the role of of Daphne in What a Girl Wants.
And she was awesome, again.
10. In 2005 came Love Wrecked.
Possibly the best movie plot of any movie, ever.
11. From 2002–2006 Amanda starred in the TV series What I Like About You.
12. Until 2006 brought possibly her best character to date, Viola in She’s The Man.
16. Equally monumental was her role as Penny in Hairspray come 2007.
17. In 2008 and 2009, she did two TV movies: Living Proof and Canned.
OK, OK, this is another She’s The Man GIF. Sue me.
18. Lastly, in 2010, she assumed the role of judgmental Jesus-freak Marianne in “Easy A.”
Sadly, this was the last we saw of Bynes on the big screen.
19. And she was hilarious, so like, can we have more of the old Amanda please?
22. Because lately, she’s been looking like this…
(This is the start of the things we really need to try to block out of our memories.)
24. You need to stop saying things like this!
We look up to you! We love you! Stop it!
I can’t post anymore of this. It’s too heartbreaking. Here’s to hoping this is all some grand scheme designed for her to make one hell of a comeback.
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›