1. You started working at a young age.
Child labor laws? What are those?
2. And continued through middle school and high school
Change your salad dressing one more time and I will slap you.
6. WOO! Friday night off!?
Don’t get too excited, you are still on call if it gets busy.
7. You learned how to do this
Or some variation of preparing food.
10. People would constantly ask you for a job
11. People would ask you dumb questions like, “do you get FREE FOOD?”
12. “Can you get ME some FREE FOOD?”
13. While other teens may have asked their parents for money,
You had your own cash.
Lots and lots of singles from tips.
14. So you could buy this the day you turned 16.
15. The best day of your life was training your younger siblings.
Passing the torch and moving on!
16. But…if you ever lose your job, there’s always a place for you.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›