1. In 1947, Loran Smith photographed a blind woman and her seeing-eye cat for LIFE magazine.
2. The actual LIFE article doesn’t seem to be available online, but a little digging turned this up:
Davis County Clipper, January 31, 1947, via Utah Digital Newspapers.
4. Mr. Neighbor is all, “Can I help you cross the street?” and Mrs. Swanson is like, “Nah, I have a seeing eye cat, but thanks.”
10. Most importantly, Baby is not going to let Mrs. Swanson step in front of any cars.
15. Good job, Baby!
All images (except the first one) by Loran Smith, © Time Inc.
- Popular sections of Reddit went dark this week as confusion and protests swept the site.