1. It started with a simple story.
The Daily Caller later identified the “Fred” in question as Fred Schuster, the Senator’s regional director based in Cedar Rapids.
3. Then, as often happens, the Senator’s personal experience coalesced into a policy proposal…
4. … and his hostility to deer became absolute and implacable.
7. .. and finally today, the Senator had another—more conclusive—encounter.
UPDATE: This post has been updated to add Grassley’s second tweet, which misspelled “deer” as “dear” and thus foiled our search. (h/t @benhjacobs)
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- The U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, has voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.