1. It started with a simple story.
The Daily Caller later identified the “Fred” in question as Fred Schuster, the Senator’s regional director based in Cedar Rapids.
3. Then, as often happens, the Senator’s personal experience coalesced into a policy proposal…
4. … and his hostility to deer became absolute and implacable.
5. Chuck sought data to back up his anecdote.
6. Last night, the cause started to become emotional…
7. .. and finally today, the Senator had another—more conclusive—encounter.
UPDATE: This post has been updated to add Grassley’s second tweet, which misspelled “deer” as “dear” and thus foiled our search. (h/t @benhjacobs)
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›