1. It started with a simple story.
The Daily Caller later identified the “Fred” in question as Fred Schuster, the Senator’s regional director based in Cedar Rapids.
3. Then, as often happens, the Senator’s personal experience coalesced into a policy proposal…
4. … and his hostility to deer became absolute and implacable.
7. .. and finally today, the Senator had another—more conclusive—encounter.
UPDATE: This post has been updated to add Grassley’s second tweet, which misspelled “deer” as “dear” and thus foiled our search. (h/t @benhjacobs)
- The top U.S. commander In Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›