This is El Santo. He was a wrestling legend and a Mexican cultural icon.
His wrestling career spanned over 40 years, starting in 1942.
When he wasn’t selling out arenas throughout Latin America, he was acting in films as his wrestling persona.
He performed in 54 films, fighting everything from zombies to Nazis.
Here are 21 of his most badass movie posters:
1. Remember when Santo could breathe in outer space? Plus, he had three giant flying saucers looking for him.
2. In this film, Santo didn’t need to drive a stake through Dracula’s heart. That’s why he used his fists.
3. Who could forget when Santo took on Frankenstein’s monster and the Wolf Man in a 2-on-1 handicap match? They could not handle Santo’s panther-like agility.
4. But Wolf Man would not give up. So in this film, he tag-teamed with Dracula to face-off against Santo and his partner Blue Demon. They could not handle their machismo.
5. Three times the charm! Wolf Man enlisted the help of The Mummy, The Vampire, The Lady Vampire, The Cyclops, and “Franquestein.” They all lost. Again.
6. In this film, Santo proved he was a feminist when he strangled “The Strangulator of Women.” Yes. That was his name.
7. FYI, Santo once ate “Los Zombies” for breakfast.
8. Only Santo could fight Vampire Women and still be a gentleman about it.
9. El Santo once needed an army to fight The Mummies of Guanajuato. And by army, I mean Blue Demon and Mil Mascaras. That’s it.
10. Only Santo could check into the Hotel of Death and give it a 5-star rating.
11. Santo sometimes wrestled with a machine gun. NBD.
12. Somehow, a film company in Turkey came up with the genius idea of putting Captain America, Spiderman, and Santo in one movie. The screen blew up.
13. Santo jumped off of a helicopter to take down “The Murderer of T.V.” You do not get in between Santo and his telenovelas.
14. Santo and Blue Demon never take off their masks. EVER. Not even on a double date.
15. Santo killed the “King of Crime” with a Gorilla Press Drop.
16. Santo rewrote history when he single-handedly defeated the Nazis.
17. Santo always welcomed a suicide mission. Look how happy he looked!
18. When someone stabbed Santo in the heart, he went to hell, kicked everyone’s ass, and returned to earth to seek revenge. Based on a true story.
19. When Santo wanted to speak to you in private, you knew you were in deep shit.
20. One part that’s often left out of the famous “La Llorona” folktale is the part where Santo defeated her with a Figure-Four Leg Lock.
21. No one knows how Santo got himself into this situation. All we know was that he suplexed a demon and won.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›