13. Australia then started to play dirty with the ‘Underarm Incident of 1981.’
14. It was also during this time in the 80’s that the world was becoming obsessed with Australia. So Kiwi’s started to be mistaken as Aussies.
That “Shrimp on the barbie” campaign with Paul Hogan actually did wonders.
17. The jokes didn’t stop there. Australia started to have a field day with jokes at the Kiwi’s expense.
19. Australia started gaining the upper-hand. They were getting quite smug.
22. To which Australia responded with this.
23. This drove the Kiwis insane. They will go on to destroy Australia in the annual Bledisloe Cup for over a decade.
Australia has not won the cup since 2002.
25. It was getting out of hand!
27. Australia did have Chris Lilley and his countless TV shows, but they could not compare to the grand scale of the LOTR trilogy.
28. Australia slowly started to see potential in New Zealand. So they thought about invading it.
29. New Zealand did have some talent though, like international music sensation, Lorde.
32. And they’ll always have each others backs. Through better, and through worse.
- The final four remaining Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers have surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Southern California Gas said the massive natural gas leak that forced thousands of residents from their homes is now under control.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸