1. On the left is Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith. He’s got the most badass mullet in the NHL.
2. Sometimes it peeks out of his helmet to distract opposing players.
3. He applied to play without a helmet to let the mullet breathe*, but the NHL denied him the opportunity.
*This is not true.
4. It’s not the mullet the NHL deserves, but it’s the one the NHL needs right now.
h/t: Steve DelVecchio at Larry Brown Sports
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›