1. On the left is Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith. He’s got the most badass mullet in the NHL.
2. Sometimes it peeks out of his helmet to distract opposing players.
3. He applied to play without a helmet to let the mullet breathe*, but the NHL denied him the opportunity.
*This is not true.
4. It’s not the mullet the NHL deserves, but it’s the one the NHL needs right now.
h/t: Steve DelVecchio at Larry Brown Sports
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›