1. On the left is Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith. He’s got the most badass mullet in the NHL.
2. Sometimes it peeks out of his helmet to distract opposing players.
3. He applied to play without a helmet to let the mullet breathe*, but the NHL denied him the opportunity.
*This is not true.
4. It’s not the mullet the NHL deserves, but it’s the one the NHL needs right now.
h/t: Steve DelVecchio at Larry Brown Sports
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›