The good people at NMA TV have released an animated account of the Manti Te’o saga, and their version of events presents a compelling, yet slightly altered narrative.
2. Te’o fell madly in love with a woman over the phone and was positively smitten.
3. Both his phone-girlfriend and grandmother died over a short period, but Te’o battled through his grief.
4. He then became a Transformer and obliterated Michigan State.
5. Te’o told reporters his girlfriend died in a car accident.
6. The media ran wild with the story…
7. …until two reporters at Deadspin found out it was all a hoax.
8. They entered a virtual world to check facts.
9. Meanwhile, Te’o buttchugged with some leprechauns.
10. He later woke up to find that his girlfriend ISN’T REAL!
11. Here’s the whole video.
In The News Today
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›