1. Kobe Bryant live-tweeted a broadcast of his 81-point game against the Toronto Raptors, which happened seven years ago today.
Stat line: 42 minutes, 81 points, 28-46 FG, 7-13 from three, 18-20 FT, 6 rebounds, 2 assists.
2. Kobe’s intermittent commentary was exactly what you’d expect it to be.
3. It was all pretty dull until Shaq chimed in.
That’s like texting back “k” to someone, except that someone is Shaquille O’Neal.
5. It was the uncomfortable social-media version of this handshake.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.