1. Kobe Bryant live-tweeted a broadcast of his 81-point game against the Toronto Raptors, which happened seven years ago today.
Stat line: 42 minutes, 81 points, 28-46 FG, 7-13 from three, 18-20 FT, 6 rebounds, 2 assists.
2. Kobe’s intermittent commentary was exactly what you’d expect it to be.
3. It was all pretty dull until Shaq chimed in.
That’s like texting back “k” to someone, except that someone is Shaquille O’Neal.
5. It was the uncomfortable social-media version of this handshake.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- At least 36 people are dead after a ferry carrying 173 passengers capsized in the Philippines.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.