1. Kobe Bryant live-tweeted a broadcast of his 81-point game against the Toronto Raptors, which happened seven years ago today.
Stat line: 42 minutes, 81 points, 28-46 FG, 7-13 from three, 18-20 FT, 6 rebounds, 2 assists.
2. Kobe’s intermittent commentary was exactly what you’d expect it to be.
3. It was all pretty dull until Shaq chimed in.
That’s like texting back “k” to someone, except that someone is Shaquille O’Neal.
5. It was the uncomfortable social-media version of this handshake.
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.