1. Iowa State center Anna Prins scored seven points in a landslide victory Sunday, but just after the game, head coach Bill Fennelly and Anna’s boyfriend Ryan had a surprise in store.
2. Fennelly plays it cool, wishing fans a happy New Year before introducing his starting center’s boyfriend, Ryan.
3. Anna and her teammates have no clue what’s going on.
4. Until Ryan drops to one knee.
5. Anna says yes, which is good, because, uh, that would’ve been awkward.
Could Anna really say no in front of 7,000 people? Ryan is a clever boy.
6. GROUP HUG.
No word on whether the couple’s sure-to-be-incredibly-tall future children have verbally committed to a program yet.
(h/t David McCormack at the Daily Mail)
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Kickoff is at 6:30 ET 🏈