2. Dwight Howard recently accepted a shooting challenge from Bailey, the mascot of the Los Angeles Kings. Dwight, the guy who plays basketball for a living, was swiftly dominated.
The incredulous reaction of the news anchor pretty much sums it up: Dwight Howard can’t shoot. At all. He lost to a mascot, IN COSTUME, oversized club hands and all. There’s a very good chance that everyone who reads this article is a better shooter than Dwight Howard.
4. Dwight says he threw the competition to “make [Bailey] feel better about himself,” which no one actually believes, because Dwight regularly airballs free throws.
H/T Trey Kerby at The Basketball Jones.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, the AP reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›