1. The United States could potentially be eliminated from the 2014 World Cup.
It’s a long shot, but it’s mathematically possible that the United States is eliminated tonight. If the USA loses to Guatemala, and Jamaica beats Antigua and Barbuda by a big enough margin to overtake the United States in group goal difference, Team USA would be knocked out of the 2014 World Cup.
2. Jürgen Klinsmann is facing his first real “must-win” game as a manager.
The US only technically needs a draw to advance to the final round of CONCACAF qualification, but playing at home in Kansas City against the 81st ranked nation in the world — it’s a must-win. Klinsmann made some bold calls selecting his roster for this series of matches, omitting in-form striker Jozy Altidore and the leading scorer in MLS, Chris Wondolowski. If the U.S. sputters to another disappointing draw, people will be calling for Klinsmann’s head.
4. It’ll be over before the debate starts.
Not sure that’s a plus or not, but it’s a fact.
The game starts at 6:30pm EDT on ESPN2.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.