1. 4Food Interactive Burger Joint
4Food, located on Madison Avenue and 40th Street has an interactive build-your-own-burger ordering system, and customers can trademark their creations and even get royalties if someone else orders their burger.
The chefs at 4food use a modified Japanese donut machine to make their patties, and track the inventory of fresh ingredients so that if they run out of an item, it’s automatically reflected on the interactive menu online and in the restaurant.
Also, servers come out and take customer orders on iPads when it gets too crowded.
2. Yotel Hotel Uses Robot To Store Luggage
Located in the heart of Times Square, Yotel boasts a futuristic lobby, which is decked in purple neon and stainless steel, and a robot that stores luggage. Some say that the hotel feels more like the inside of a video game than another overstuffed hotel entrance.
3. Japanese Retailer, Uniqlo Boasts Three 60-Foot Escalators
This Uniqlo flagship Fifth Avenue location features a 50,000-square-foot sales floor, four glass elevators, and three 60-foot escalators, surrounded by a staircase backlit with LEDs.
4. Taxi of Tomorrow Debuts in 2013
The Nissan Taxi of Tomorrow, set to launch in 2013, promises to bring the following features:
- Passenger charging stations - one regular outlet and two USB passenger ports
- Passenger reading lights
- Interior floor lighting for easy nighttime seating and to help locate belongings
- More luggage room than a Crown Victoria
- Exterior “horn light” to reduce horn usage
5. A Revolutionary Tech Campus Coming Soon
Cornell University is building a revolutionary technology campus in New York City in collaboration with the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. The first phase of the development will be completed in 2017, with 300 students and 70 faculty members on the campus in 2018. Bloomberg said the project will create up to 20,000 construction jobs and up to 8,000 permanent jobs. He expects that over the next three decades, it will spawn 600 new companies, which will result in 30,000 new jobs.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!