1. These statues represent the winged figures of the republic:
They were made with over 4 tons of bronze, and their wings stretch 30 feet tall!
Rubbing their toes is good luck!
Hopefully this will payoff at the casinos.
Lots of rubbing has gone down.
You can tell from the nice polish.
2. Between the angels stands a 142-foot flagpole
It’s there to honor those who conceived and constructed the dam.
3. Good advice.
4. Don’t look down!
That’s a 726.4 feet drop.
5. Herbert Hoover gives the dam its name
Well done, Mr. 31st. President.
6. Here we have the Hoover Dam Bypass
900 feet above the Colorado River and 2,000 feet long.
7. A statue of a dam employee
I think I’ll pass on that job application.
8. Even the urinals look monumental
9. The dam’s intake towers are as a high as a 34 story building.
10. Lake Mead is a dam big lake.
There’s enough water in it to put the state of Connecticut 10 feet under.