1. Anticipate your tendencies when buying your tickets.
*SLEEP and/or NEVER GET UP BECAUSE TRANSFIXED BY THE INCREDIBLE EARTH BENEATH US.
2. Remember the boarding process sets the tone for the entire flight.
3. Think of the armrest as a buffer between passengers rather than “part of your seat.”
4. Be considerate to someone trying to rest. Be kind to the nervous.
5. Upon exiting, remember everyone is in a hurry.
6. Don’t blame flight attendants or fellow passengers for systemic problems.
NOTE: I don’t recline my seat but I also don’t fault those who do. I know there simply isn’t enough room for all to recline comfortably. That is a reality of modern flight (in coach).
7. Maintain a healthy perspective on the magic of flight.
Maybe it’s because I grew up where the Wright Brothers built their airplanes, but I can’t get over how amazing flying machines are.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.