Fishing is a hard life! And Nat Geo Channel’s new show, Wicked Tuna, documents the most skilled fishermen for 10 weeks while they set out in the frigid waters of the North Atlantic in hopes of catching the valuable Bluefin tuna. When one bluefin can bring in as much as $20,000, a dirty and dangerous job can all be worth it.
If you can’t beat em’, kill em’. The bug industry is pretty gross, but that’s why they’re exterminating them, one bug at a time. You may ask yourself, “Who would want to be an exterminator?” But as might you imagine, the demand is high and the competition is fierce, especially in cities that are known for having critter problems.
We all know stock brokers have a stressful job, and the market can be a pretty dirty place with all that competition.
While little-to-no education is needed in order to become a hunter and trapper, the job can be extremely grueling, given the extreme physical requirements and harsh working conditions.
While you may not walk out of the office covered in filth, advertising is an extremely competitive field. An Ad Exec is responsible for keeping the client and the ad agency on the same page, and sometimes it can get pretty hairy. Just ask Don.
Here’s one profession that’s brutally competitive, dirty, and can also make you big bucks. Although anyone can buy a membership to compete, few will earn the opportunity to make it to the finals.
How many professional eaters do you know? Here’s one profession that can be lucrative if you’ve got the skills, but extremely messy and competitive. Plus, you might have to go up against a champ like Kobayashi. Good luck!
For some, the rise to the top has been smooth and painless. But for others, the climb has been nothing but challenges and hard times. Acting is one field where there are never any guarantees, and in order to be successful, sometimes you have to break the rules.
Find yourself going to Medieval Times a little more often than you should? Then Jousting might be the career for you. Due to its highly competitive nature, few will ever rise through the ranks of this extremely specialized field.
How many famous wrestlers do you know of? And how many of them have had lasting careers? This sport is the definition of “dirty.” And since it takes great physical abilities, the competition is incredibly stiff.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- erikachristine thinks 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is Win
- morgant5 thinks 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is WTF
- oprahsweave thinks 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is Fail
- jilly thinks 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is Fail
- ashleyfc thinks 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is Fail
- gabyc thinks 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is Meh
- kandlej 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe...
- 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- Aaron Appler 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... and thinks it’s WTF, Fail & Ew
- 10 Dirty Jobs That Are Brutally Compe... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It