1. The Hitch
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.” Christopher Hitchens, God is Not Great
2. Birth Control
Ain’t no shame in our contraception game.
No invisible sky daddy is going to stop me using my full f**king range of expression!
4. Sitting down during the Pledge of Allegiance in school
Just like New Jersey student Chelsea Stanton!
5. Nature documentaries
Evolution in action! Chimps share 98% of our DNA, y’all!
6. THE GAYS
You’re cool in our book. JUST KIDDING — we don’t have a book! Hand me that flag, girl!
7. Rocky Horror Picture Show
This means watching the movie, lip synching to the soundtrack, dressing up like the characters for Halloween, and announcing that you’re just a “Sweet Transvestite” to your high school friends.
8. Secular Holidays
You’re a cool dude, Mr. Lincoln!
9. Punk rock
Punk’s not dead — GOD IS! lololol.
11. Bill Nye the Science Guy
12. Keeping abortion safe and legal
13. Stephen Fry
14. Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails
…Or is it just me?
15. Movies with a gleeful sense of violence
Luv u, Quentin. No good gangsters go to heaven.
16. James Deen
A nice Jewish boy.
17. Dinosaur bones
18. Sexual Expression
Irony is the antidote to fundamentalism. “The literal mind does not understand the ironic mind, and see it always a source of danger.”— Christopher Hitchens.
20. Sam Harris
Neuroscientist, atheist, sex god.
21. The concept of free will.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›