1. You might say this all began when Rep. Darrell Issa held a hearing on the contraceptive coverage benefit under the Affordable Care Act, and featured a now-infamous all-male panel of religious leaders.
2. Why weren’t there any women on a panel about women’s health? Because Rep. Issa refused to allow Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke to testify on behalf of her fellow students who need contraceptives for medical reasons, saying she was unqualified.
Rep. Carolyn Maloney and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton were so appalled they walked out of the original hearing after demanding, “Where are the women?”
Sandra Fluke was later permitted to give her testimony in a hearing sponsored by Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Carolyn Maloney.
4. That’s how they do it in Congress. Republican politicians have tried time and again to shut down democratic voices across the country.
5. In Texas, anti-choice politicians manipulated the rules, cut off debate, and refused to let pro-choice citizens testify about their opposition to a bill that’s resulted in clinic closures across the state.
Wendy Davis led an epic 13-hour filibuster to stop them, and even though she ran out the clock, her colleagues cheated to win.
6. Some of these politicians can’t even handle using accurate medical terminology to talk about lady parts (even though they are obsessed with them)!
7. In Michigan, state Rep. Lisa Brown was refused the right to speak when she said “vagina”(gasp!) while opposing an abortion ban after 20 weeks.
8. Aren’t Midwesterners supposed to be polite? Not these guys in Wisconsin. In order to get their way and pass forced-ultrasound legislation, anti-choice politicians cut off debate.
The Wisconsin Senate President actually screamed, “It’s non-debatable! Call the roll! You’re out of order!” to silence his pro-choice colleagues.
9. When screaming won’t work, why not just cheat? Well, that’s exactly what anti-choice politicians did in North Carolina.
10. They knew that their extreme and out-of-touch anti-choice measures would never fly with their constituents, so anti-choice politicians added the measures to a “motorcycle safety” bill without notifying the public!
11. This is Gov. Pat McCrory who pledged to not support any restrictions to abortion access in North Carolina, then signed anti-abortion legislation into law.
12. When it comes to forcing their ideology on others and blocking people from saying anything they disagree wish, one thing is clear when it comes to some anti-choice politicians:
13. There is no tactic too low when it comes to restricting people’s rights to free speech and reproductive freedom.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!