2. She led the fight against bills that would: shut down almost 90 percent of reproductive-health clinics that provide abortion care across the state of Texas…
3. …force a woman to get an ultrasound before she can have an abortion…
4. …and ban abortion care after 20 weeks.
5. Despite major backlash, Gov. Rick Perry and his allies pushed through the legislation, triggering the closure of all but a handful of clinics.
6. Being a pro-choice lawmaker in a sea of conservative politicians prepped Wendy Davis for her big fight for women’s health and safety.
7. 2) She also sponsored bi-partisan legislation similar to the Lilly Ledbetter Act that would ensure equal pay for equal work…
9. 3) Davis co-authored legislation that would require schools to teach comprehensive sex education to students to help combat the number of unintended teen pregnancies.
10. Because in Texas, almost 1 in 3 girls will become pregnant before they turn 20.
11. 4) Davis also authored legislation that would ensure that thousands of backlogged, untested rape kits are processed…
12. …so survivors of rape can see their attackers brought to justice.
13. Wendy has been recognized by many progressive organizations for her work improving women’s lives in Texas and was endorsed by the Texas Academy of Family Physicians.
14. Keep on keepin’ on Wendy! Thank you for being a champion for women!
Political advertising paid for by NARAL Pro-Choice America. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!