5. The song in the video is by Ugandan singer Eddy Kenzo. Called “Jambole,” it was released back in June. Download it here.
“jambole it’s a ghetto swahiri word means best of the best?is yo lover jambole?,” Kenzo wrote on Facebook in June. So, I’ll assume that when he mentions Kim Kardashian at 2:35, he’s talking about what a queen she is.
6. Kenzo’s had a song go viral before. This January 2014 video of boys dancing to his song “Sitya Loss” has almost 4 million views on YouTube.
7. Months later, “Sitya Loss” is still a hit on TV in Africa. On Spotify, it’s been streamed almost 75,000 times.
8. Really, Kenzo’s had jams. His 2010 song “Stamina” was used as the theme for the successful campaign of Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.