4. Shoutout to the shy girl in the pink dress who gets down with her tongue out.
5. The song in the video is by Ugandan singer Eddy Kenzo. Called “Jambole,” it was released back in June. Download it here.
“jambole it’s a ghetto swahiri word means best of the best?is yo lover jambole?,” Kenzo wrote on Facebook in June. So, I’ll assume that when he mentions Kim Kardashian at 2:35, he’s talking about what a queen she is.
6. Kenzo’s had a song go viral before. This January 2014 video of boys dancing to his song “Sitya Loss” has almost 4 million views on YouTube.
7. Months later, “Sitya Loss” is still a hit on TV in Africa. On Spotify, it’s been streamed almost 75,000 times.
8. Really, Kenzo’s had jams. His 2010 song “Stamina” was used as the theme for the successful campaign of Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
- Clashes have erupted between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, over a draft law to give special status to separatist regions. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›