3. Shoutout to the baby trying to make his place in the line.
4. Shoutout to the shy girl in the pink dress who gets down with her tongue out.
5. The song in the video is by Ugandan singer Eddy Kenzo. Called “Jambole,” it was released back in June. Download it here.
“jambole it’s a ghetto swahiri word means best of the best?is yo lover jambole?,” Kenzo wrote on Facebook in June. So, I’ll assume that when he mentions Kim Kardashian at 2:35, he’s talking about what a queen she is.
6. Kenzo’s had a song go viral before. This January 2014 video of boys dancing to his song “Sitya Loss” has almost 4 million views on YouTube.
7. Months later, “Sitya Loss” is still a hit on TV in Africa. On Spotify, it’s been streamed almost 75,000 times.
8. Really, Kenzo’s had jams. His 2010 song “Stamina” was used as the theme for the successful campaign of Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›