1. Early Friday morning, June 20, New York-based rapper Mykki Blanco shared this photo of himself and Terry Richardson, with the caption “#TeamTerry.”
The photo was taken during a November 2012 shoot at Terry’s New York studio. Richardson also photographed Blanco in 2011 for a Happy Socks campaign, along with A$AP Rocky, Action Bronson, and Sky Ferreira.
2. The photo has amassed more than 700 likes, but commenters are not thrilled:
Backlash against Terry Richardson intensified this week after a New York magazine cover story, in which “Uncle Terry” denied years of allegations that he coerces models into performing sexual acts during photo shoots.
4. Fans of Blanco, who sometimes performs in drag, also expressed disappointment on Twitter:
7. The photo wasn’t popular on Facebook, where it was cross-posted, either.
8. A spokesperson for Mykki Blanco declined to comment.
Mykki Blanco responded to criticism of his Instagram, writing on Twitter that he’d rather be unpopular that participate in “crucifying.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?