1. Miranda Lambert has six dogs. In this video made with Pedigree, she talks about the animal shelter she supports at home in Tishomingo, Okla. (population 3,100).
2. “I feel like [dogs] love you for you, you know? That’s why I have six,” Lambert says in the spot, which follows volunteers from Pedigree and Lambert’s non-profit MuttNation Foundation.
Together, the crew spruced up the Tishomingo Animal Shelter, to which Pedigree donates food.
3. Lambert raised $70,000 to help build Tishomingo’s shelter in 2009, a year after she purchased a farm in the town.
In 2012, she and husband Blake Shelton urged the shelter’s managers to change a policy which permitted putting down dogs after just three days in residence. In 2014, Lambert’s MuttNation donated $253,660 to animal shelters in each of the 50 states.
4. “I’ve already cried like four times. It’s all about the dogs in those enclosures that need a home.”
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›